Pages

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Water Fast Day 4

Well, I almost survived it. I was fairly well for most of the day but very sluggish (expected in ketosis). The rash on my diaphragm is still there, but less...red....ahem. I woke up weighing a nice 136.8 pounds and was looking forward to tomorrows weigh in, but lo and behold, at 8 pm I started getting really bad chest pains and persistent fainting (even when I was laying on the couch). Clearly my body was not having it, and upon further research I discovered that this is exactly what low potassium symptoms are like; especially on a fast. So I decided to quit for now. I will attempt again later and see if I can push it an extra day or two, and if now, I will resort to intermittent fasting on a 36 hour schedule (24 hour fast with 12 hour eating cycles in between). When I broke my fast I had some brown rice with cooked spinach (iron and potassium) and heavily diluted cranberry juice (for the kidneys) which I took in intervals. The total amount I consumed was less than a 1/2 of my regular sized meal, but for breaking the fast it is fine. I am definitely experiencing a boost in energy right now and no more chest pains!! WOO HOO!! (they lasted about an hour)

tomorrow I am going to try to sustain on mostly liquids, but nutritionally dense liquids. On a side note, I'm half way down my weight loss goal all in under one month!! :D

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

No comments:

Post a Comment