Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

Weightloss Reload


Eh it’s that time again ….. *drum roll* …….(>^_^)> WEIGHTLOSS TIME!!

After my exceptionally long time away due to various reasons (travel, funerals, more travel) I have gained some weight. Thankfully not as much as I used to weigh which was 150lb, but still not a weight at which I would like to remain. So here forth and beyond I am making a declaration to lose that which I have gained AT LEAST and hence forth continue to lose more to attain that which I desire.

I might add that this includes getting it done anyway that I can. 
(The means justify the ends after all ney? >:P)

So to recap tactics which have been successful for me:

  • Increased caffeine intake: increases metabolism, plus hot drinks create the illusion of fullness
  • Reduced calorie consumption between 500-900 calories per day: creates significant caloric deficit to lose weight faster and keep myself motivated.
  • Ingredient substitutions: find the lowest calorie brand available for any processed ingredients. Allows for greater quantity in consumption while still maintaining deficit limit.
  • Adding supplements: increases metabolism even more plus has appetite suppressants, energy boosters and other helpful ingredients
  • Drink like a fish: Helps minimize any potential damage from supplements and caffeine to kidneys and liver.
  • Staying as far away from the fridge as possible and keeping occupied: I have uncontrollable binges even when not dieting…purely on a psychological level ie: eating when bored, needing to finish “that last piece”, binging on specialty foods..ew.

  • Biking: unfortunately limited by weather and seasons but burns a LOT of calories per hour especially with all the coast line wind resistance….AND unlike the gym, the body doesn’t get used to this exercise as much because of constant terrain and resistances unpredictability
Unsuccessful tactics:
  • Daily gym routines: I seem to hit a plateau way to fast
  • 1200< calorie diet: never worked for me
  • Home workout videos: too many distractions when I’m NOT lazy and way too close to the fridge
  • Group work outs: too many distractions, especially when that one super skinny athletic friend always wants to eat after working out!!!! :O


- SO IT BEGINS -

No comments:

Post a Comment